The Diet Center Weight Loss Done Right has helped thousands of clients lose weight, get healthy, and keep the weight off. This is not a quick fix. It’s an entire lifestyle change. Therefore, you must be ready to say goodbye to your current eating lifestyle and be willing to make some eating changes that you will follow for the rest of your life.
Our main focus is your health. In the United States, most deaths are preventable and related to nutrition. By losing weight you may be able to decrease or eliminate certain medications or reduce your risk of disease. The good news is that no matter what your weight loss goal is, even a modest weight loss like 5-10 percent of your total body weight, is likely to produce health benefits such as:
- Improved blood sugar levels if currently diabetic
- Decreased risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol and/or triglyceride levels
- Decreased risk of heart disease
- Decreased risk of certain cancers
- Improved acid reflux or GERD
- Hormone balance
- Allergies improve
- Inflammatory conditions improve
- Improvement of some skin conditions—clearer, brighter skin
- Improved mobility
- Decreased joint pain
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Decreased waist-hip ratio (central obesity which is the worst place to store fat)
- Reduced back pain
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of sleep apnea
- Headaches decrease or improve altogether
- You’ll can live a longer, healthier life
In addition to the medical benefits of weight loss, you may also experience an improved lifestyle if you slim down. Many successful clients report improvement in these areas:
- Better sleep
- Improved energy
- Decreased stress
- Improved body image
- Improved vitality
- Improved mood
- Improved sex life
- More active social life
- Wear what you want and not just what fits
- Greater confidence
1) First you need to lose the weight. Our weight loss program is pretty straightforward and is repeatable and predictable. Typical weight loss is 2+ pounds per week, every week. It is a partial meal replacement ketogenic program that targets fat loss while sparing muscle mass. Muscle is the engine that burns the fat so you don’t want to lose any muscle. Our goal is to help you achieve your goal because we have found through years of experience that the people who set a goal and achieve it respect their weight loss far more than people who don’t.
We also guide you through the entire weight loss protocol and slowly transition you into our maintenance program. These habits help you maintain your weight loss over time. So even if the overall goal seems large, see it as a journey rather than just a final destination. You’ll learn new eating habits that will help you live a healthier lifestyle.
2) Accountability coaching. We always say if you could have done it yourself, you would be there already and wouldn’t need us. That's because coaches help you identify and focus on what's important, which accelerates your success. According to www.coaches.com, good coaches: Create a safe environment in which people see themselves more clearly; Identify gaps between where the client is and where the client needs or wants to be.
We have weight loss coaches that are here to guide and motivate you every step of the way and there is no extra cost. We offer free weekly accountability appointments where we weigh and measure you, take your body fat reading, review your food journal, and offer hints, tips, ideas, and motivation to help keep you on track. Every one of our coaches understands that it’s not always easy but we do know that it is worth it as we have had thousands of clients tell us how losing weight, regardless of the amount, has changed their life for the better.
3) Maintenance. This is actually the hardest part of our program—keeping it off! Losing the weight is actually the easy part. Maintenance is 100% free for as long as you need. Keeping the weight off can be the struggle because again we are a lifestyle change and many people want to go back to their old eating habits that brought them here in the first place and it didn’t work then and it won’t work now. Our maintenance program is about ongoing nutrition changes that includes long-term changes in daily eating habits.
Once you get to your weight loss goal, we teach you proper nutrition that works for you because we know everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for the next. We believe in Bio-Individuality – the theory that one person’s food is another person’s poison – it’s based on age, gender, race, blood type, and level of activity.
We respect you, the individual, and will work with you diligently to find the right nutritional program that works for you to maintain your weight loss. No one teaches people proper nutrition—Public schools don’t teach it. Did you know that most medical schools in the United States teach only 20-25 hours of nutrition over the course of four years.
We believe it’s about progress and not perfection and are here for you through your entire journey, however long it takes for you to learn to maintain your weight loss. We have helped people lose 10-20 pounds to over 200 pounds.
If you are ready to change your life for the better and get healthy, we would love to help you reach your health goal. Please give us a call and schedule your Initial Consultation at 320-1515!
Written by: Sheri Zillioux, Owner and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach